This is an exclusive chance to learn some of the hottest looks of hair and makeup styling from leading artists Love Moi Makeup and Flamingo Amy. With the Sunday Beauty School, you’ll get the rare opportunity to discover exactly how to create desirable and wearable looks and how to pull them off like a pro.
What’s the Format?
The Sunday Beauty School gives you an opportunity to select what and how much you want to learn. We are offering packages for those who want to watch the ‘Learn the Look’ tutorials as well as the practical session with dedicated support from tutors Flamingo Amy and Love Moi Makeup in the ‘Create the Look’ class. This class is limited to 6 people per class to enable maximum support for the pupils. In this class you will be learning how to recreate the look on yourselves with access to professional tools and products. Tutors Emily and Amy will be available to answer your questions as you put your newly learned skills into practice for yourself. Learning is in doing!
Who is this class designed for?
This class is designed for non-professionals who want to learn the tips and tricks the professionals use to get the best results. The practical ‘Create the Look’ class is for those who have some experience with their own hair and/or make-up, as the techniques taught in this new class require students to have some confidence and experience at creating styles or make-up looks on themselves.
What makes these classes so unique?
You are able to select which part or parts you would like to attend, according to how much you would like to learn and your budget.
What will I learn?
Learn the Look Tutorial
In this tutorial Amy will share the secrets with you on how to create the modern finger wave. This class is suited to those who have hair that is chin length or below. Influenced by styles seen on celebrities and the red carpet (seen in recent years on Kim Kardashian, Kate Bosworth, Taylor Swift and the Downton Abbey stars), she will show you the techniques and products needed to create the fingerwave using heated appliances on dry hair. As this class is designed for those creating this on their own hair Amy has adapted this style to make it easier and more achievable on your own head.
- How to prepare the hair to help your style stay in for longer.
- How to use hair tongs effectively and safely.
- The finger wave itself, how to make it sharper and more pronounced and how to create a softer more modernised look.
- How to create a faux bob for longer hair.
- How to create an easy side bun for longer hair.
- How to curl and style the rest of your hair for those with bobbed hair.
Create the Look Class
Take your knowledge to the next level by booking the ‘Create the Look’ class, where you will gain practical experience of creating any of the styles you’ve learned in your own hair, with support and guidance from Amy herself. All products and materials are provided, some of which are for you to keep. A fact sheet will be provided that summarises what you have learnt and where to buy the remaining products to create your look.
- How to put your newly gained knowledge into practice on your own hair under the watchful guidance of hairstyling expert Flamingo Amy.
- How to best select the right heated appliances for your chosen look.
- Practice makes perfect! Come away with practical experience and the knowledge that you need to perfect this look at home. You will also be able to access exclusive online support after the class, and be eligible for discounts for upcoming classes.
A hair tool kit which contains the tools you need to get started is included.
Learn the Look Tutorial
In this tutorial, Emily from Love Moi Makeup will reveal the secrets of Glitter & Smokes, one of her signature looks. All about the drama, a sultry dark eye never goes out of style, and yet can be a tricky look to master. Here is your chance to discover the secret of truly professional, polished va-va-voom eyes, with a look which will take you from day to night whatever the occasion, along with techniques to add beautiful glitter and shimmer to your makeup look.
- What kind of smoky eye works for your eye shape, and how to create drama with different liner techniques from pencil to liquid. Learn different looks and styles for different occasions and ability from a modern “fashion” inspired smoky eye which is simple for those who struggle with liquid liner through to precise winged liner smoky eye.
- How to incorporate metallic, shimmery shadows and glitters, from creams to powders, and how to make your eye makeup last longer and look more professional using professional techniques and products.
- How to achieve subtle daytime smoke and how to create all out night time drama!
- How to rock glittery smoky eyes, including more advanced techniques such as the reverse smoky eye and the spotlight/halo eye. How to make glitter “stick”, avoid fallout and improve blending skills.
- How to shape beautiful brows to frame your eye makeup.
Create the Look Class
Take this knowledge to the next level and bring the look to life with this intensive practical session, which gives you the chance to discover your very own perfect Glitter and Smokes makeup look, with personal advice and guidance from Emily on the kind of look that will work for you. This class gives you the chance to practise the looks you’ve seen from the tutorial step by step, with all products provided, giving you access to an extensive professional makeup kit, as well as your own products to use and keep in your Sunday Beauty School goody bag.
Where does this take place?
This takes place in the comfort of luxury hair salon Flint, 24 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AQ on the 22nd of Feb 2015.
How do I book?
Click here to go to Amy’s website to download the form. Fill it in and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Amy will reply to let you know if there are spaces available on the class you would like to book. You will then be able to make your payment. Your place is not secure until payment has been made.
How much is it and how do I pay?
|Learn the Look Tutorial & Create the Look Practical*||£70||£70|
|Learn the Look Tutorial Only||£20||£20|
*includes Create the Look Tool Kit
Please note that places cancelled less than 5 working days before the class are only eligible for a 50% refund.
To book and make your payment please see the Booking Form document attached to this email.
|9.30am – 11.00am||Learn the Look Hair Tutorial|
|11.00am – 1.00pm||Create the Look Practical Class|
|1.30pm-3.00pm||Learn the Look Makeup Tutorial|
|3.00pm-5.00pm||Create the Look Practical Class|